GROWING ENRICHED CULTURAL KNOWLEDGE in OUR SCHOOLS
Our GECKOS Team has been active in their commitment to increasing an understanding and appreciation of Aboriginal people, their histories, culture and spirituality.
In 2019 activities have included –
- Staff Professional Development cultural awareness session with Marissa Verma from Bindi Bindi Dreaming
- Creation of an Aboriginal cultural perspectives ‘Purpose Statement’
- Year 5 students attending Whadjuk Gift at Mater Dei
- Co-ordination of NAIDOC Week celebrations
- Successful funding applications for the establishment of a Bush Tucker Garden