A Three Year Old education program, also referred to as Pre-Kindy operates at Liwara every Wednesday and Friday. The program is only available to children who have already turned three years of age. The program is an introduction to the school community for children and their families and sets the foundation for future school learning. School readiness is promoted as children develop self-help skills, independence and self-efficacy.
At Liwara the Three Year Old program provides a rich learning environment that caters for children’s development across the physical, cognitive, language, social, emotional and spiritual domains. Learning occurs through planned and spontaneous play experiences that are based on the strengths, interests and needs of each child.
The aims of our three year old program are to:
- Encourage self-help and independence in young children.
- Enhance the development of the whole child across the physical, social and emotional, language, cognitive and spiritual domains.
- Assist children to develop a positive self-image and self-efficacy.
- Encourage parent participation in the school environment.
- Provide an aesthetically pleasing environment that encourages learning in the young child.
- Create a safe, secure and nurturing physical and human environment.
- To acknowledge, value and celebrate each child’s individuality.
- Make available support to parents in relation to the child’ individuality.
- Include flexibility in the program that allows for individual needs of each child
- Provide a developmentally appropriate program for three year old children based on the current national requirements for early years.
Through each of these we promote school readiness in our children, families and school.